Google+

Friday 22 April 2016

A birthday cake fit for the Queen

To celebrate Her Majesty the Queen turning 90, Stork has re-imagined Britain’s best loved birthday treat: the iconic caterpillar cake, to honour one of the Queen’s much loved pet dogs. The Candy the Corgi cake has been created by baking brand Stork and the Great British Bake Off’s Edd Kimber using ingredients the Queen is rumoured to love such as vanilla bean, whipped cream, apple compote, and honey frosting. The quirky design features the corgi's face, tail and paws on a cream coated Swiss roll. 

You can find the recipe and instructions at http://www.bakewithstork.com/recipes/corgi-cake/

Stork, birthday cake


Stork challenged me to have a go at making my own cake based on the Candy the Corgi design for Her Majesty’s birthday. It seemed like a fun idea for me to try out!

Now, I don't think I could ever match up to Edd Kimber when it comes to cake baking, so I have made my own cake design featuring Candy the Corgi.  I chose a chocolate tray bake made using Stork, topped with a chocolate frosting and a chocolate plaque featuring Candy himself! (I did my best attempt at chocolate work...it ended up looking more like a weird looking rabbit than a corgi, but I managed to impress 6 year old Freddy so I was happy!)

Stork, birthday cake


Chocolate Traybake Recipe

8 oz Stork margarine
8 oz sugar
4 free range eggs
8 oz self raising flour
4 tablspns of milk
3 tblspns cocoa powder

Cream the Stork marg and sugar together.
Beat in eggs.
Sieve in flour and cocoa and fold together with milk.
Pour into a traybake tin. (I use disposable foil traybake tins.)
Cook in oven pre-heated to 180 degrees for about 30 minutes.


Stork, birthday cake


Once the cake is cool, top with a chocolate buttercream and decorate with a chocolate plaque (I made mine using the Chocolate Picture Maker from ZimpliKids) and chocolate hearts. Traybakes are a really simple way to make a great cake for any occasion - even for a Royal birthday party!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...