Google+

Tuesday 20 August 2013

My Diet Chef Update

It's been a couple of weeks since I started my Diet Chef plan.  28 days worth of breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks were delivered to my door ready to eat over 4 weeks.  The plan is so simple.  It is totally fuss free.  You simply enjoy the portion controlled, calorie counted meals, adding some vegetables or salad to bulk them out. I have not felt hungry and I haven't got bored as the range is quite extensive, even for a vegetarian like myself.

I really like not having to think about what I eat.  It takes away the situation where I get frustrated with diet food and decide to go without or just eat something inappropriate instead.  I do understand about healthy eating and the calorie content of food, but when I'm on a diet all my knowledge goes out of the window as I feel deprived and resentful.  With Diet Chef I feel like someone else is doing the thinking and the counting for me, and all I have to do is eat it.  That really works for me.

By doing this plan, I have reminded myself what it feels like to feel both hungry and full.  I am getting back in touch with my body and recognising its needs rather than blindly over-indulging myself.  So even after the plan is over, I will be in a better place to continue eating healthily and not to excess.

I am finding the portions of the veggie options plenty enough once veggies have been added to the plate. The Spelt Risotto is an interesting dish made with spelt grains which has a creamy sauce and contains whole button mushrooms.  The spelt retains its bite giving a better texture. It is only 280 calories and is so filling and tastes indulgent.

Diet Chef

The granola is great with a little low fat yogurt and a handful of fresh berries.  The granola is 196 calories for 40g and contains linseed, sunflower and pumpkin seeds. It makes a nice start to the day.

Diet Chef

The soups are lovely and the portion size is ample.  The Minestrone is packed with vegetables and contains pasta and is still just 123 calories.  It makes a hearty and filling lunch.

The cost of £6.43 a day for all the supplied meals and a snacks delivered in a hamper to your door, is more or less the same price as eating out at a coffee shop or fast food restaurant for lunch. And it's better for you.  There is nothing further that you need to buy and there are no meetings or membership fees to pay for.


The best thing about the Diet Chef plan is that after 2 weeks I have lost 7 lbs with minimum effort!!

Find out more at www.dietchef.co.uk

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...