Google+

Tuesday 12 June 2012

A Summer Outfit From Next

Next Mummy Stylist Competition Entry

My 9 year old Kizzy is a bit of a mini fashionista.  She loves her clothes and I love seeing her dressed up and looking gorgeous.  She has an uninhibited ability to team up clothing and her original sense of style and knack of co-ordinating colours and patterns means she always looks great.

When I saw the Next Mummy Stylist competition I wondered if I could do any better if I tried to style her myself.  So this is my attempt at creating an outfit for Kizzy from Next that would be perfect for summer and do justice to my gorgeous girl!

Next, SS12, Kizzy
Matching the Mood

I started by choosing a palette of colours to match her skin tone and hair colouring.  I love the spice inspired colours that are on trend this season.  They are so rich and evocative of sunnier climes.  They would look lovely on my little girl with her tanned skin and dark hair.  This mood board shows some of the pieces in Next's SS12 range that immediately caught my eye.  I love the use of bold floral decorations and the attention to detail in the cut and design of the clothing.


spice, market, Morocco
Warm Spice Colours

With fawns, browns and tans, reminiscent of the warm hues of ginger and cinnamon, even if the sun doesn't shine this summer, Kizzy will radiate the vibe and warmth of an exotic Moroccan street market.

I picked out these key pieces to make up my final outfit which I think is stylish, versatile, practical and would look great on any young girl.

My Outfit Styled from Next.co.uk

My final outfit choice for Kizzy consists of:


The Layer Top and Scarf Set (£15) in tan, offers a mock layered look for a stylish look.  The long white vest is topped by a stripey crop top and finished with a spotty scarf.  I love how the scarf can be used to accessorise other outfits.  It can also be transformed into a bowed head band for a trendy 50's look.  The clashing patterns work well together to give an eyecatching finish.

The Slub Cardigan in Ginger (£15) is my favourite piece. The waterfall style shape is really feminine and trendy.  In the British summertime you need a good cardi to throw on when it's a little bit chilly!  I love the colour and the feature stitching.

The Belted Shorts (£13) are just perfect for summer.  The belt is gorgeous and matches the tan theme, while the pretty flower adds a girlie touch.

Gorgeous brown leather Tassel Sandals £16:  I love how these are both practical and fashionable.  Teamed with a maxi dress or with shorts, they offer a versatile solution to summer footwear.

The Corsage Straw Bag  (£9.50) is perfect for carrying around your essential bits and bobs.  Whether at the beach or at the shops, the bag looks great and the flower adds a touch of whimsy!


The outfit I have styled for my daughter would cost just £68.50.  Each piece would work perfectly in a capsule wardrobe for the summer.  Adding some extra items such as some key denims, pumps, some Chinos, a hippy style skirt, maxi dress and some printed tees would create a number of amazing looks based on the same theme.  With the £500 prize budget I could dress Kizzy for the entire season plus get a few key pieces for her siblings'summer wardrobes too*!

*Including this T-Shirt for her little brother Freddy....I love it!

Next, t-shirt



All Baby Advice NEXT Mummy Stylist Blogger Competition

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...