Fight the freeze with some warming soup
As winter sets in, commuters across the UK are being given a warming surprise after ‘Break In Case Of Emergency’ cases, containing a free can of the nation’s favourite Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup, were placed across cities. Throughout soup season, Heinz will be popping up in the coldest cities and towns across the UK, so keep your eyes peeled for one of the cases to get yourself a can of soup. Who said there was no such thing as a free lunch?!
The emergency soup boxes have been created following research that found that 75% of Brits agree that nothing beats a winter chill like a hot bowl of soup. According to figures, the north is the biggest soup 'hot spot' during the winter months, with Londoners' love of soup making the city come a close second. It is estimated that Heinz will sell over 20 million cans of soup this January, keeping the nation warm, comforted and cosy in the cold weather.
Soup consumption increases by 65% from summer to the winter months, with demand increasing with every degree the temperature drops. Soup is definitely the ultimate comfort food to keep us going when the weather is miserable and Heinz canned soups are so convenient to keep in the cupboard for a quick and easy bowl of warming soup to keep the cold at bay.
Top 5 facts about the nation’s favourite soup:
- Approximately 1,600 cans of Heinz soup are made every minute of every hour of every day of every week of every month of every year
- Heinz sells more than 65 million cans of Cream of Tomato soup a year, equating to 124 cans per minute
- More UK households buy Heinz soup than lightbulbs
- Heinz tasters take samples of soup from the end of the lines every hour to ensure it looks and tastes exactly right
- Heinz uses specially selected ingredients to make its soup – every tomato is sun-ripened and grown in open fields
- A can of Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup counts as 1 of your 5 a day